Our news, from the past:
OLICA News Items
- Read Ohio LICA’s most recent newsletter online: 2016 Fall Newsletter (pdf)
- The Overholt Drainage School has been announced for March in Fulton County – check the Upcoming Events page for more information.
- View the 2014 OLICA Directors & Officers here.
- Please join us January 4-6 for the Ohio LICA Annual Convention at the Embassy Suites in Dublin, Ohio. Registration materials, hotel room reservation information, and additional convention details are available on the Ohio LICA 2016 Annual Convention page.
- Check the Upcoming Events page for more information on the upcoming Ohio LICA Summer Picnic – June 20th
- The Summer 2014 Ohio LICA Newsletter is in print and online in the Member’s Area
- Ohio LICA Members: New materials on EPA Proposed Rule Changes, Sales Tax / Use Tax Exemptions, Underground Damage Prevention, and the LICA Safety Management Plan are all online in the Member’s Area
- National LICA will have their 2015 Annual Winter Convention this February in Tampa, Florida.
- Thanks to all the contractors and vendors who braved the weather to make our 2014 Ohio LICA Annual Convention a success – selected photos are available in the photo gallery.
- The 2015 Ohio LICA Annual Convention is around the corner, January 5 – 7, in Dublin, Ohio.
Find more information on the 2015 Convention page.
- View photos from the 2013 OLICA – Farm Science Review Field Day.
- View photos from the 2013 OARDC-OSU Northcentral Research Station Field Day.
- The 2015 Ohio LICA Scholarship Letter & Application are now available on the Scholarships page – please forward them to students soon as the applications are due back by September 30, 2014.
- Visit the Upcoming Events page for information on the 2014 Overholt Drainage School.
- Visit the Upcoming Events page for information on the ADMC Drainage Water Management Training Workshops & TSP Certification Orientations in February. LICA members receive a significant discount on these valuable sessions.
- Ohio LICA is having a Drainage Field Day at the 2013 Farm Science Review – find all the details, including a flyer with map, on our Upcoming Events page. Farmers, landowners, contractors and general public welcome!
- The 2013 Ohio LICA Scholarship application materials are up on the Scholarship page – apply today!
- Ohio LICA has announced two field days for this year – details will be on the Upcoming Events page.
- Ohio LICA is having a Drainage Field Day at the OARDC North Central Agricultural Research Station this August – find all the details on our Upcoming Events page. Farmers, landowners, contractors and general public welcome!
- Ohio LICA held a successful Field Day during the 2012 Farm Science Review. For a summary of the activities and accomplishments, video, and photos please visit the Photo Gallery page.
We’d like to thank everyone who made the Field Day possible:
Advanced Drainage Systems
Andre Land Forming (Paul Andre and crew)
Bower Tiling Service (Jack Bower, Jim Jett and crew)
Brown Bear (Phil Brown and Marvin)
C.D. Farm Drainage (Paul DeMuth)
C.K. McFarland & Sons Louie McFarland and crew)
Central Ohio Farm Drainage (Dave Rittenhouse)
Cy Schwieterman (Mike Schwieterman)
Galehouse Drainage (Rick Galehouse)
H & S Company (Kurt Hoelscher and Eric Schuler)
Haviland Drainage Products
Inbody Drainage (Steve and Eric Gerten)
Northland Trenching (Troy Warweg)
Ohio CAT Upper Sandusky (John Harbaur)
Paul Pullins Enterprises (Paul, John and Sam Pullins and crew)
Port Industries (Randy Helms)
RWF Bron (Jason Bleach)
Schlatters/Wolfe Plow (Ron and Joey Schlatter)
Streaker Tractor Sales
Sweet Meadow Farm Drainage (Roger, Dana and Ben Greenawalt)
Terry McConnell Excavating (Terry and Pat McConnell)
Thiel Excavating and Drainage (Dan and Brian Thiel and crew)
- Seldom does a single event highlight two topics as diverse as agricultural drainage and breast cancer. But such will be the case at this year’s Farm Science Review at the Molly Caren Agricultural Center, London, Ohio. Be sure to stop by in person at the Review and in the mean time find out more about the new 550 BRON drainage plow of long time OLICA member Paul Pullins that has been painted pink to help raise awareness.
- Learn about the Drainage Water Management Training & TSP Certification Orientation in Dayton Ohio on our Upcoming Events page.
- View photos from the 2013 OARDC-OSU Northcentral Research Station Field Day earlier this month.
- At the National LICA Winter Meeting in San Diego it was decided that Ohio will host the 2013 Summer Meeting. Keep checking the 2013 LICA Summer Meeting page for more information as it becomes available.
- Ohio LICA was awarded the Kemps-LICA Chapter 2011-2012 Legislative Award at the National LICA Winter Meeting due to exceptional work on legislation of interest to LICA members. It was a proud moment as Steve Gerten, National LICA President, presented the award to Louie McFarland, who accepted on behalf of Ohio LICA.
- Pictures from the OLICA 2012 Summer Picnic are now in the Photo Gallery.
- Ellis Alysworth has been named Contractor of the Year for Ohio LICA. Congratulations!
- Ohio LICA member Steve Gerten was recently named president of the Land Improvement Contractors of America. Before becoming national president, he served as the organization’s vice president. In his new role, Gerten will travel throughout the country visiting with state LICA chapters and representing the interests of LICA. Congratulations Steve; Ohio LICA is proud of you! Gerten owns and operates Inbody Drainage which is located in Leipsic, Ohio (Putnam County). Photos from the national LICA Convention are located here.
- PUCO rescinds administrative rules applying to private commercial motor carriers
- Update on PUCO Motor Carrier Safety Rules
- Ron Cornwell Awarded Honorary Lifetime Membership
- 2010 Scholarship Recipients